Friday, March 4, 2016

Everyone Pays a Price For Being Who We Are


Of all the humans on the planet, I think free thinkers are the loneliest and get the least support from fellow humans. I mean Muslims generally enjoy support from the Muslim community and Christians generally enjoy support from the Christian community. The Buddhists way of offering support is through sharing their dharma and the free thinkers generally believe that everybody is expanding their consciousness each in their own way and each at their own pace and so they practice a kind of non-interference.

Recently, I had to treat a carbuncle at the site of my second chakra. Interacting with doctors, nurses and other medical staff is not an easy thing for a Germaphobe. I go for treatment because I need help to treat the ailment but I find myself having to defend my beliefs, values, and practices. I can accept that if I go to a Shaman or a Curandero for treatment, I would have to share their beliefs and values or else a cure or healing might not happen via that route.

However, when it comes to regular conventional treatment, I don’t expect medical personnel to challenge my preference to err on the side of caution when it comes to germs. I can’t understand how it hurts others that I choose to avoid unnecessarily contaminating myself with bacteria, fungus, and viruses. So what if I choose to purchase prescribed antibiotics that are manufactured by reputable companies rather that settle for the generic and cheaper drugs?

Anyway, the antibiotics have been making me groggy and less than my best for the past few weeks so I have been using February to catch up on reading Gabriel Morris’s two Kundalini Books. I am more or less familiar with his experiences told to me by dozens of seekers, each with their own filters, references, and interpretations. I was struck by how similar experiences can have such different explanations, perceptions, and interpretations. It seems like even when people have similar experiences in life, they can and often do interpret them differently. Similar experiences can have a broad spectrum of “creating different realities” depending on people’s personal filters, references, and belief systems. Truly, we are all simply experiencers and interpreters of our experiences.

I am familiar with the belief that there are no shortcuts to spiritual enlightenment. Shortcuts are dangerous routes and are counter-productive. The mind, heart, spirit and body are not ready to understand the process when it is taking place. Every part of an individual has to be ready for the experiences or else the point will be missed and the lessons of the experiences will fail to click into ascension.

“Kundalini energy” and the “Kundalini River” is another way of saying “Chi” and the “River Chi”. With all due respect to Gabriel Morris, I wouldn't say the root chakra is the “source” of chi. I would say it's where the ‘Earth chi’ begins the journey upwards, mixing with the atmosphere and the ‘Heaven chi’ at the cauldron (dantian) where the mix is then distributed throughout the body and out through the Crown chakra (‘Heavenly Gate’). In The Dance of the Chi, I offer the idea that the body is the conduit for the Earth, Atmosphere and Heaven chi to alchemize at the dantian. I more or less suggest that is the reason we need our physical bodies to evolve our soul consciousness. Although Author Gabriel Morris remarks here that he has no idea if the chakras have ever been scientifically proven to exist.

Page 21 of Gabriel’s Kundalini Power is a great way to remember the last two chakra colors. Indigo is a deep blue and Purple is a mix of this deep blue and the first Root chakra color, red. Sometimes the various spectrum of colors can be confusing as to the proper chakra colors. In The Dance of the Chi, I quote Quantum Physics a lot regarding the premise our thoughts create our realities. I imagine I get a lot of flak for that and for my other ideas but I am stoically holding my ground. It is what it is. I can’t help the way I think and feel any more than a gay or transgender person can help the way he/she thinks and feels. Ultimately, we all pay a price for who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment